Monday 3 May 2010

Planting - Herbs

In truth this is a re-planting; my herb planter has seen better days but is still holding together so I decided to replant it with 'proper' herbs (ones that didn't come from tesco!) and see if I could actually persuade them to live long enough to be useful this year.  I've moved it off the convenient, but shady, balcony and given it a spot in the sun so hopefully it should do better there.  The un-killable mint and suprisingly resilient chives were allowed to remain in residence (although the mint was rather mecilessly pruned) and I asked Rob to pick some useful cooking herbs (Oregano, Parsley, Thyme and Basil) and added some Rosemary to the mix because I grew to love the smell of it when it grew outside the front door of our old house.

They're were a lot more upright before I watered them....

No comments:

Post a Comment