Monday 3 May 2010

Planting - Garden in a Box

"The Grobox: A Garden in a Box" leapt of the shelf and into my trolley as we toured Lakeland in Windemere during our recent trip to the lakes.  A cunningly simple solution to the problem of growing things... the instructions state that you simply need to bury the box and water occasionally so I did:

Grobox prior to burying
The box promises an entire vegetable gardens worth of goodies so in about 6 weeks time I should see things start to poke their little heads through those holes!

Edit: Looking at the picture above I was having trouble seeing how the plants would be able to survive that close together and after reading the grobox website I think I will follow their modified instructions and fold the lid underneath the box - this should make it much easier for me to seperate out the seedlings when they grow bigger and move some of them into my spare grow bag so they aren't stiffling each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment