Tuesday 25 May 2010

New Arrivals

We went back to Rob's parents last weekend and Angela very kindly gave me some new plants for my garden.  It was her patio-garden which made me realise that vegetables really didn't need a flower bed to grow and her  amazingly well stocked greenhouse puts my humble collection to shame!  She gave me two lovely hanging baskets with tumbing tomatoes in (and the brackets to hang them!) so now I shall have lots of wonderful varieties of tomatoes come summer.  She also gave me some potato tubers to grow - I'd been tempted to buy some of these myself but when it came to laying down money for plants I was swayed by the sweeter fruits and rather neglected the staples!  I shall use a spare growbag for these and plant them when I have a free evening.


I'm assuming these will eventually grow downwards!
 My final gift was an Agapanthus (awesome name for a plant!) in a lovely big pot which will add some prettiness to my fairly functional garden!  It is a plant split off from one in their garden and given it's own pot so it's lovely and bushy already and is sitting opposite my herbs.

Agapanthus,agapanthus, agapanthus.. never stops being an awesome word!

No comments:

Post a Comment