Saturday 3 March 2012

Year 3

March is that wonderful time of year when I begin to get out in the garden again and start plotting a years plantings. We made a trip to the garden centre today to pick up some essentials - nothing major, just some more seed compost, some (well rotted and garden ready) manure to freshen up the beds and some tomato seeds which I realised I somehow entirely forgot to buy before.

I've started out my first little seedlings over the last week and now my windowsill has a small collection of seed trays and mini-pots on it with Broad Beans, Mange Tout, Tatsoi, Pak Choi, Peppers & Aubergines germinating on it. I tried to be much more restrained with my plantings than last year (when I planted everything... oops) so we'll see how it goes.

I also spent a few hours in the garden today tidying everything up from it's overwintering. I dug some manure into my beds at the bottom of the garden, skipping the carrot bed as they dislike it, and planted out my first sowing of some of the hardier seeds - spinach, beetroot, radishes, carrots and spring onions have all be planted, again in small quantities!

No comments:

Post a Comment