Saturday 4 September 2010

Outdoor Plant Update

 
I went to the garden centre today to buy yet more compost to pot out the strawberry runners - they were beginning to look a little cramped in their pots so I've moved them all into larger ones (thank you uncle Nick!) where they will hopefully be able to see out the winter.  There are three plants in each of these pots/tubs so they have approximately the same amount of room as the ones I grew this summer - I'm thinking that I may try and make some sort of raised bed for them next year but commercial kits are looking very expensive so they may live in the pots for a while first!


 I also picked up these curved bamboo canes for the raspberries - they've been suffering a little when the wind gets up so when Rob spotted these I knew they'd be perfect.  They're a little more decorative than straight canes and they should be more likely to stay upright too (also no eye-poking out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment